Thursday, April 24, 2014

Travis Masingale - "Foundations"

 
“Akzidenz Grotesk”
 
Travis Masingale
Foundations
 
My work is influenced by technology, philosophy, communication and memory. I tend to walk the line that exist between subjective/objective argument. I’m interested in how things work, learning about them, and teaching it to others. My work is a direct reflection of where I’ve been, a memory of who I am, and who I want to be. Instruction, mutation, chaos, and information are concepts that I cultivate and grow. Moving towards a destination that is discovered rather than guided is the method and practice I prefer. I am inspired by works that are at the fringe of the art making world, by anything new that must fight for the right to be. Discreet packets of data that I call time and the sensuous space they seem to inhabit speak for my attention. The correlation of human memory to that of the machines memory seems to be a guiding force in my work, differentiating what memories are and what exists.
 
May 2nd – 31st, 2014
 
Artist’s reception Friday, May 2nd, 5-8pm
 
Music by Abe Kenney
 
Proceeds benefit the Spokane Art School
 
Tinman Gallery
811 W. Garland Ave.
Spokane, WA
509-325-1500

No comments:

Post a Comment